Monday, August 18, 2014

Welcome!

Hi! You must have opened the letter I sent you! I hope you are as excited as I am that you are in my class this year!! I bet you have a lot of questions about second grade, your teacher, and your classroom. I can't wait to meet you and learn all about you. Before school starts, I thought you would like to know a little about your new teacher.

My name is Mrs. Giannone. I know it looks really hard to say, but you pronounce it Gia-known. This is my second year teaching at Beeler School. I LOVE Beeler and I LOVE second grade! Before I came to Beeler, I taught kindergarten. I love to read, run, snowboard, and watch the FLYERS in my free time. I am married to Mr. Nick (you will hear a lot of silly stories about him this year) and we have a dog daughter named Apple (you will hear even MORE stories about her). Here is a picture of them:


Are you wondering what our classroom looks like? Here's a sneak peek:

This is where we will meet in our classroom for morning meeting and learning.


This is our reading table. We will meet here to read together at least twice a week. You will be introduced to many wonderful books and practice strategies that good readers use.


We will meet at the front rug for most of our learning. Under the Active board are your book bins for daily 5.


Like I mentioned before, I LOVE to read. So, our classroom has LOTS and LOTS of books for your enjoyment.


You'll see the rest of our classroom on the first day of school. I am SUPER excited and can't wait to meet you! A year of fun filled learning awaits us!

See you soon!

Mrs. Giannone

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Mrs. Giannone! I am also excited for second grade. See you on the first day of school. From, Ryan Bachman ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Giannone. Thank you for your note. See you on the first day of school! From, Evan Scarpulla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs. Giannone,
    I can't wait to meet you tomorrow and see my friends.
    From, Carter Morton

    ReplyDelete